Thursday, August 18, 2011

Arrival in Panama!

I don't have too much to post, but Peace Corps Panama Group #69 has arrived in Panama! It's been a great time meeting the other 16 Environmental Health volunteers. These volunteers come from all over the US from Washington to Florida to New York. I'm constantly laughing.

As of right now, Peace Corps is easing us into the Peace Corps life. While I have internet, A/C, and electricity, my shared "villa" has roaches in the kitchen. Regardless, the first day has been fantastic! As of right now, I'm thoroughly enjoying Spanish class. I'll let you know how it goes when language training turns into 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. I've been asking so many questions to the current volunteers, and it's great to finally be getting some answers. Today involved a lot of very general presentations, which amazingly are interesting because of the novelty of the Peace Corps. Tomorrow we head to the mall, so I hope to have a SIM card by tomorrow. All I have to say is that I'm living the life. :)

Just wanted to keep everyone posted, and let you know that I made it to Panama.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. I am so happy to have a look into your new life. It will be fun to read. I have dealing with poop for years, just from the diapers of little ones. You will be in our prayers and our studies. Your notes will be a great way to bring another part of the world to life for my students (aka children). Be safe. I am going to link to this from my blog, I hope that is ok.

    ReplyDelete